BACK CONTACT FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY AND RELIABILITY
More efficient conversion of solar radiation by placing the contacts on the back of the cell:
– Wires on the front side of a panel reflect sunlight and approximately 6% of received light remains unused
– Sharp’s back contact technology is reducing the losses due to reflection
48 CELLS FOR EASY HANDLING
With a dimension of 1318×980 mm and weighing 17kg, the module is more compact and lightweight and therefore easier to handle on the roof compared to a 60 cell module.
PORTRAIT OR LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION FOR MAXIMUM FLEXIBILITY
The module can be mounted either on the long or on the short frame side. This increases the flexibility of the arrangement of the panels and you can exploit any roof surface optimally.
5,400 PA SNOW LOAD TESTED
The modules have been tested according to IEC61215 with a snow load of 5,400 Pa. The test demonstrates the outstanding resistance of the modules and proves that the modules can withstand exceptional climatic conditions. In 2011, the first back contact modules were introduced in Japan. In many regions with heavy snowfall in Japan, the modules have already often withstood the reality test outside the laboratory.
4 x PROTECTION OF THE JUNCTION BOX
In addition to module quality standards, the junction box is an important factor for the longevity of a PV system. With four protective measures we create excellent conditions for a long life:
1. The bus bar is soldered firmly into the connector box instead of just loosely clamped
2. The diodes are protected against overheating by additional heat sinks
3. The connection cables are permanently connected to the box, instead of just screwed on
4. The free spaces in the box are filled with resin to protect against water
Sharp is a leading global specialist in solar energy solutions. And not just since yesterday – over 55 years’ experience is a testament to our heritage, know-how and reliability.